Gemini Industries and its related companies (“Marbletrend”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect the privacy of information with which we are provided.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or opinion about you that identifies you, or from which your identity can be reasonably determined.
Why do we collect and how do we use your personal information?
We may collect personal information from our customers, prospective employees, contractors, trading partners and existing or possible consumers of our products and services.
We collect your personal information in order to:
If you enquire about our products and services, inform you about them including providing you with the relevant technical information;
Determine your requirements for our products and services;
Provide you with the products and services you request, provide you with new or technical and other information in relation to those products and services and otherwise conduct our business with you; and
Unless you ask us not to, to send you promotional offers and other marketing material about products and services we believe may be of interest to you by mail, phone, fax email, or SMS.
In some situations we may collect some additional identity information which will enable us to verify your identity (which we may do, for example, when you enter a promotion, make an inquiry over the internet or request our catalogue over the telephone).
If you do not provide your personal information, we may be unable to do one or more of the above.
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Marbletrend usually collects personal information directly from an individual.
On occasions, your personal information may be collected from third parties, for example, credit reporting agencies, medical practitioners, previous employers and those other entities to whom we disclose information as set out below. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom you refer us to, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of your referral and the purposes of collecting, using or disclosing the relevant personal or other information.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
Marbletrend may disclose your personal information to:
- its related companies;
- credit reporting agencies, ratings agencies and any business which provides information about the credit worthiness of persons;
- any entity to which we are required or authorised by law to disclose information (including but not limited to the courts, Federal or State government bodies, agencies or departments, government investigative or enforcement agencies);
- our professional advisers, contractors and other service providers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities (including but not limited to our IT consultants, mail service providers, external payment systems operators);
- our insurers;
- the administrator of any superannuation fund of which you are a member;
- your referees, including your employer;
- other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements for the purposes of promoting our respective products and services;
- other parties that Marbletrend has advised you of at the time any personal information is collected;
- with your consent, any other parties; and
- any person to the extent necessary, in our view in order to carry out any instruction you give to us.
Your consent to the disclosure of your personal information may be given explicitly (in writing or verbally) or implied (for example, if you request to be added to our mailing list).
Ensuring your personal information is up to date
We rely on the personal information we hold about you to effectively conduct our business. For this reason, it is important that the information collected is accurate, complete and up to date.
You can contact us at any time using the methods outlined below to update your personal information.
Security of personal information
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic data bases. We take precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Can I have access to the personal information Marbletrend holds about me?
You may request access to personal information held using the methods outlined below. There may be a fee charged. All requests for information will be handled as quickly as possible after receiving your request (and payment of any requested fees).
- Can my request for access to or updating of my personal information be denied?
Marbletrend may not always be required to provide you with access to or update your personal information. We may lawfully refuse to give you access to or update your personal information in some circumstances. If we refuse to give you access or update your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our refusal.
Access to our products and services
How to notify us of your concerns or lodge requests for access
- have a concern about how we deal with your personal information;
- wish to lodge a request for access to or updating of your personal information; or
- wish to ask us not to send you promotional offers and other marketing material,
You can do this by:
Writing to the Commercial Manager of any of our businesses; or
Writing to Marbletrend Customer Service, PO BOX 728, Botany, NSW, 2019 Australia