Marbletrend is proud of the quality of the products that it offers and provides full after sales service, should this be necessary.
In Australia, consumers are protected from the consequences of faulty or defective products by the Australia Competition and Consumer Act. Products must be ﬁt for purpose and free from material and manufacturing defects.
Marbletrend offers warranty terms that extend the basic requirements. Different product types have different warranty periods and conditions.
This guide provides a reference as to what is covered by warranty and for how long. The ﬁrst section explains the various warranty periods and the second section explains the required conditions.
This guide is for the products used in domestic residential building. For commercial warranty terms contact your sales representative.
• Toilet Suites (All vitreous china cisterns and pans) – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Plastic Cisterns – 3 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Toilet Seats – 1 year product/parts replacement
• Inlet & Outlet Valves – 3 years product replacement
• Vitreous China Basins – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Components – 1 year product/parts replacement
Tapware & Bathroom Accessories
• Tapware – 7 years ceramic disc cartridge, 5 years product replacement & 1 year labour
• Bathroom Accessories – 5 years product replacement
• Acrylic Baths – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Steel Baths – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Components – 1 year product replacement
• Polymarble Shower Base – 12 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Acrylic Shower Base – 10 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• SMC Shower Base – 3 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Tile Trays – 15 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Shower Screens – 1 year product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Shower Walls – 1 year product/parts replacement
• Vitreous China – 5 year product replacement & 1 year labour
• Cabinet – 2 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Components – 1 year product replacement
Product Warranty is provided by:
Bathroom Products Australia Pty Ltd
ABN: 87 079 297 617
PO Box 728 Botany, Sydney. NSW. Australia. 1455.
P 1300 717 717 (business hours)
F 1300 746 480
The beneﬁts given by the warranty set out in this document are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The periods of warranty and terms of cover (i.e. product replacement or parts and labour only) are detailed in the preceding pages
Warranty applies from date of purchase, not from date of installation.
Some claims may include a claim for rectiﬁcation of water damage to surrounding areas as a result of leaking from a product. Such claims will require a site-call by a Marbletrend representative who will evaluate the claim. A further inspection by an insurance representative may also be required before a claim can be determined.
To make a claim under this warranty you must contact either the Merchant from which the goods were purchased or Marbletrend directly by telephone, fax or email as set out above, with details of the product fault. You will need to produce proof of purchase of the goods including the date of purchase and where the goods have been installed: You will also need to produce details of the licensed plumber who installed the goods. Marbletrend will then contact you within 7 days of ﬁrst being advised of the claim by you or by the merchant (as the case may be) and depending on the circumstances arrange to either (a) replace the goods (b) repair the goods (c) replace and install new goods (d) request more information (e) reject the claim.
Where the goods claimed have not been installed, you must return the goods at your expense to either their point of purchase, or your nearest Marbletrend distribution center for evaluation. If the claim is then accepted, Marbletrend will refund the freight cost to you when you give Marbletrend proof of payment of the freight cost and the amount paid.
Where Marbletrend has arranged a site-call, and a claim is rejected following inspection (often in the case of unlicensed or incorrect installation), the consumer will be charged a callout fee of $95, payable to Marbletrend.
Marbletrend will not accept claims against this Warranty where the following conditions are found to exist:
- Plumbing installations have not been carried out by a licensed plumber, and/or are not in accordance with the Plumbing Code of Australia AS3500 and ABCB guidelines.
- The goods have been installed by a licensed Plumber but not correctly installed.
- The goods have been installed correctly by a licensed Plumber, however subsequent repairs, modiﬁcations and/ or adjustments to the goods after installation have not been carried out by a licensed plumber.
- Claims against faulty cistern valves, and seals will be rejected where after-market sanitising additives have been introduced into the toilet cistern tank, rather than to the toilet bowl.
- Claims for visual defects to product surfaces may be rejected where harsh cleaning or scouring products have been used (rather than a mild household detergent and soft (non-abrasive) cloths).
- Claims against vitreous china product faulty dimensions or glazing imperfections (that are permitted within AS1976 – Vitreous China used in Sanitary Applications). It is permitted that vitreous china products will vary up to +/- 3mm on any surface and be acceptable products due to the unique conditions of the product’s manufacturing process.
- Claims where proof of purchase is not provided.
To the extent permitted under the Australian Consumer Law, and other relevant legislation, Marbletrend’s liability is limited in the following circumstances:
- Marbletrend is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or any loss or damage) where the goods have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident or are used or adapted for a purpose for which they were not designed.
- Marbletrend is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or any loss or damage) where goods are combined or integrated with other goods not supplied by Marbletrend.
- It is the responsibility of you and installer before installation to ensure the goods are correct and free of obvious visible faults.
- Marbletrend is not responsible for the labour and rectiﬁcation costs incurred in the above circumstance.
Except as expressly stated, and to the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or ﬁnancial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) or special or consequential losses arising out of the occurrence of a defect in the parts or products or caused by use or installation of the products or damages caused by acts of nature.
Warranty Service Request Form
To download a copy of our warranty service request form, please click the link below.