Marbletrend brand is owned by Bathroom Products Australia PL (hereafter referred to as BPA) since May, 2015*. BPA is proud of the quality of the products that we offer over our different brands and full after- sales service is offered, should this be necessary.
In Australia, consumers are protected from the consequences of faulty or defective products by the Australian Competition and Consumer Act. Products must be fit for purpose and free from material and manufacturing defects. BPA offers warranty terms that in many cases exceed the basic requirements, and different product types have different warranty periods and conditions.
Warranty applies from the date of purchase (not installation), or for new buildings, from the date of handover. This guide provides a reference as to what iscovered by warranty and for how long. This first general terms section details the various warranty periods and the second section details the required conditions.
Some BPA products may have a warranty period that differs based on whether they are used for Residential or Commercial purposes. Where terms and conditions for Commercial use are different to these of Residential use, they have been specifically detailed. Commercial use includes all use types other than for normal domestic residential purposes.
BPA Reserves the right to make changes to its products at any time without prior notification. Any part or product not specifically listed has a 1 year warranty period.
*Claims for products purchased prior to this date will not be accepted. Explanation of terms:
Parts and labor – this is the warranty period during which the cost of removal and re-installation of a replacement product, should that be required, is covered.
Product replacement – this is the warranty period during which an equivalent replacement product will be supplied (note that this may not include installation – see below).
• Toilet Suites (Vitreous china items) – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Plastic Cisterns – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Toilet Seats – 1 year parts and labour
• Inlet & Outlet Valves – 3 years product replacement
• Vitreous China Basins – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Components – 1 year product replacement
Tapware & Bathroom Accessories
• Tapware – 15 years ceramic disc cartridge product replace, 7 years Metal Body product replacement, 1 year Product Finish parts and labour & 1 year labour
• Bathroom Accessories – 5 years product replacement (Residential use) & 1 year product replacement (Commercial use)
• Acrylic Baths – 10 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Steel Baths – 10 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Components – 1 year parts and labour
• Polymarble Shower Bases – 12 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Acrylic Shower Bases – 10 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• SMC Shower Bases – 3 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Tile Trays – 15 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Shower Screens – 1 year product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Shower Walls – 1 year product replacement
• Vitreous China – 5 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Cabinet – 2 years product replacement & 1 year parts and labour
• Accessories – 5 years product replacement
Product Warranty is provided by:
Bathroom Products Australia Pty Ltd
ABN: 87 079 297 617
PO Box 728 Botany, Sydney. NSW. Australia. 1455.
P 1300 717 717 (business hours)
F 1300 746 480
The benefits given by the warranty set out in this document are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The periods of warranty and terms of cover (i.e. product replacement or parts and labour only) are detailed below Warranty applies from date of purchase, not from date of installation.
Some claims may include a claim for rectification of water damage to surrounding areas as a result of leaking from a product. Such claims will require a site-call by a BPA representative who will evaluate the claim. A further inspection by an insurance representative may also be required before a claim can be determined.
To make a claim under this warranty you must contact either the Merchant from which the goods were purchased or BPA directly by telephone, fax or email as set out above, with the following information:
- Details of the product type and product code
- A brief description of the product fault (with photographs of the fault)
- Proof of purchase of the goods including the date of purchase and where the goods have been installed
- Details of the licensed plumber who installed the goods
- Your contact details and Handover documentation (if relevant)
BPA will then contact you within 7 days of first being advised of the claim by you or by the merchant (as the case may be) and depending on the circumstances arrange to either (a) replace the goods (b) repair the goods (c) replace and install new goods (d) request more information (e) reject the claim. Where the goods claimed have not been installed, you must return the goods at your expense to either their point of purchase, or your nearest BPA distribution centre for evaluation. If the claim is then accepted, BPA will refund the freight cost to you when you give BPA proof of payment of the freight cost and the amount paid.
Where the goods claimed have not been installed, you must return the goods at your expense to either their point of purchase, or your nearest BPA distribution center for evaluation. If the claim is then accepted, BPA will refund the freight cost to you when you give BPA proof of payment of the freight cost and the amount paid.
Site Calls and Technician Visits
Where BPA has arranged a site-call, and a claim is rejected following inspection (often in the case of unlicensed or incorrect installation), the consumer will be charged a call-out fee of $105, payable to BPA. In a case where BPA had arranged a repair or replacement, based on information received from a customer or merchant, and it was later found that BPA is not liable for the fault as identified on site, BPA will be entitled to recover any costs directly from the customer.
BPA reserves the right to charge a service fee, to be payable by the warranty claimant. It is the responsibility of the warranty claimant to ensure that installed products are easily accessible for BPA to carry out warranty service. BPA will not be responsible for any costs where adequate access to products is not provided. Warranties only apply to the original owner and are non transferable. For hygiene reasons, Toilet Seats cannot be returned once the packaging had been opened.
BPA will not accept claims against this warranty where the following conditions are found to exist:
- Plumbing installations have not been carried out by a licensed plumber.
- Installations that are not in compliance with the Australian Plumbing Code (AS3500) and ABCB Guidelines.
- The goods have been installed by a licensed plumber but not correctly installed.
- The goods have been installed correctly by a licensed plumber, but subsequent repairs, modifications and/or adjustments to the goods after installation have not been carried out by a licensed plumber.
- Claims against faulty cistern valves and seals will be rejected where after-market sanitising additives have been introduced into the cistern tank rather than the toilet bowl.
- Claims for visual defects to product surfaces may be rejected where harsh cleaning or scouring products have been used(rather than mild household detergent and soft, non-abrasive cloths).
- Claims against vitreous china product faulty dimensions orglazing imperfections that are permitted under AS1976 – Vitreous China used in Sanitary Applications. It is permitted that vitreous china products will vary up to ±3mm on any surface and be acceptable due to the unique conditions of the product’s manufacturing process.
- Claims where proof of purchase is not provided.
To the extent permitted under Australian Consumer Law, BPA’s responsibility is limited in the following circumstances:
- BPA is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or loss or damage) where the goods have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident
- BPA is not responsible where goods are used or adapted for a purpose for which they were not designed.
- BPA is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or loss or damage) where the goods are combined or integrated with other goods not supplied by BPA.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or installer, before installation, to ensure the goods are correct and free from obvious visible faults or defects.
- BPA is not responsible for labour and rectification costs incurred in the above circumstances.
- Breakage of any Glass part is not covered by warranty. Glass parts not reported broken upon receipt of goods, will not be replaced.
Except as expressly stated, and to the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) or special or consequential losses arising out of the occurrence of a defect in the parts or products or caused by use or installation of the products or damages cause by acts of nature.
Warranty Service Request Form
To download a copy of our warranty service request form, please click the link below.